The education world seems all about adding more to the plates of students and teachers. Why not take a step back and see what we can remove? Developing future ready students doesn’t mean teaching students EVERYTHING; it means prioritizing what students learn so that it’s as relevant as possible.
At the Center for Curriculum Redesign, we have been working diligently to rethink what students ought to be learning to be successful in the 21st century. Curriculum hasn’t evolved much since the 1800s. We’re here to change that. We believe that by applying the four dimensions of Knowledge, Skills, Character, and Meta-learning, we can redesign curricula so that it more aptly benefits our students and the needs of society.
The Intro to 4DEdu Workshop is a one-day program that allows educators and other workshop participants to dig into the ‘How’ of curriculum redesign. Utilizing the 4DEdu design process participants will have the opportunity to re-examine curriculum and uncover how they can transform traditional curricula into 4DEdu curricula. Participants will be expected to bring in a unit of choice to the workshop.
The 4DEdu Workshop allows participants to:
- Understand the ‘why’ and ‘what’ of curriculum redesign
- Discover a reusable problem solving format
- Develop a deeper understanding of the ‘how’ of 4DEdu
- Explore your own curriculum for relevance
- Revamp your curriculum
- Learn the 4DEdu design process
- Discover new collaboration and problem solving formats
- Gain recertification hours (Varies by state requirements. Ask us for more details.)